Topic: Should a password be set to protect the malware collection?

As we know, malware is a little dangerous.
Maybe someone wants to use these malware for terrible goal.
Should a password be set to protect this collection?

+2

Re: Should a password be set to protect the malware collection?

codingonline wrote:

What a nice idea! ;-/ Is it supposed to be some kind of IQ test to check the ability to press copy in one window and paste the clipboard into the other (I seen some people who failed it)? Or the password should be kept private and distributed amongst the members of some very special organization which might be called the Really Accredited Trustees, and who you think should be the most trusted RAT's rustee trustee? Should we check other things too? A driver's license? A credit score? Ask to sign a disclaimer? A photo? (In the nude of course, may be he/she is going to hide the most dangerous virus in his/her ass to carry it out and ruin the world). I am playing with the public by repeating the old rhetoric about a wrong hands, but think where do I get all those viruses? The "people with wrong hand's" is the primary source for this kind of stuff. They produced it. They don't need anything from the AVers or security sites because they already have it all, including the ability to use it. Every youngster around the world could easily find a few viruses to play with and he/she is definitely don't need a hundreds of thousands of samples to make a joke with a virus, it's you and other people will turn the air blue while scrambling through the endless warnings, confirmations and passwords. So my opinion is quite clear - this information must be freely available to everyone. Period. And... to protect the collection I rather buy several additional HDDs and join them into RAID1.

codingonline wrote:

lol - I don't think it's needet!

The most Virii in her would be detected - and I think that they who would be to infect some one speziell don't used an old virus! (Just "Skrippt Kiddys" do that)

The most buy a new from different webpages like this: [Register or log in to view the URL]
Or any other release - group, that sells FUT Rat's or any think else!

But this virus collections is just for learn about the stuff!

*Sorry for my poore English*

Viruses don't harm, ignorance does!

I feel this is good idea, because many people have downloaded the collection only to find it was corrupt. I stronlgly believe AV on their machine must have tampered with the collection file. Had it been password protected, AV wouldnt have touched it. Ofcourse, share the password here. AV is not yet that smart to "use" password by reading on the page frm where collection is downloaded wink

aasheesh4you wrote:

I feel this is good idea, because many people have downloaded the collection only to find it was corrupt. I stronlgly believe AV on their machine must have tampered with the collection file. Had it been password protected, AV wouldnt have touched it. Ofcourse, share the password here. AV is not yet that smart to "use" password by reading on the page frm where collection is downloaded wink

Yes, but I think every one who get this packet knows the risks and can config his AV! wink

im pretty sure even if it had a password anti virus programs would still pick it up.
The only safe way to download it would be through a virtual machine

asianman6924 wrote:

im pretty sure even if it had a password anti virus programs would still pick it up.
The only safe way to download it would be through a virtual machine

If its encrypted with the password, av couldn't scan encrypted files

Yes, sometimes it will be blocked by network firewall if without password.

the easiest way to download it without problems is to deactivate auto-protect while downloading and excluding the target folder from scans

does anyone have a good link to a anti-virus assessment procedure?  I have been doing alot of research the last few days on commercial/shareware AVS , have found pretty good information from a couple of independant testing labs, and found one decent assessment procedure, but it was released by symantec so was really hoping to find a procedure from an independant source.  I know I can build a decent one from theirs but I do like to compare multiple sources.

kamikaz479 wrote:

does anyone have a good link to a anti-virus assessment procedure?  I have been doing alot of research the last few days on commercial/shareware AVS , have found pretty good information from a couple of independant testing labs, and found one decent assessment procedure, but it was released by symantec so was really hoping to find a procedure from an independant source.  I know I can build a decent one from theirs but I do like to compare multiple sources.

[Register or log in to view the URL]

VX

I don't really see the point in passwording archives.  Passworded archives can be brute forced, and once the password is cracked, someone will eventually share that information.

Especially if the password is posted with the collection.. doesn't make much difference