Topic: C++ Keylogger

i was wondering wich is the best tehnic to write a keylogger: using window hooks or GetAsyncKey() ? or is there any other method,so its not so visible to AV . thanx

+1

Re: C++ Keylogger

Hooks are detectable by mostly all AVers, you should use GetAsyncKey.

> or is there any other method
You can write driver smile

I'm so sorry about my "cracked", "stupid" or simply wrong English writing.

+1

Concerning Windows kernel keyloggers you could have a look to 'Klog' by Clandestiny :
hxxp://www.rootkit.com/board_project_fused.php?did=proj21

And another project (by Chpie) : hxxp://rootkit.com/board_project_fused.php?did=proj38

Have fun.

Last edited by bramz (2010-04-04 23:20:16)

hook  GetAsyncKeyState .

hooking is the best way I think

Hookings...Eh o.o...Injecting...Well you can look at Counter Strike Wallhacks and Aimbots for that(DETECTED!)

A low level solution : hook interruption table.
Example : IRQ1 is generally linked to PS/2 keyboard. You hook this interruption and then you have to deal I/O ports : 0x60 and 0x64 for  i8042 compatible Keyboard Controller.

bramz wrote:

Concerning Windows kernel keyloggers you could have a look to 'Klog' by Clandestiny :

And another project (by Chpie) : hxxp://rootkit.com/board_project_fused.php?did=proj38

Have fun.

best way smile

vxomgvx wrote:

best way smile

Agreed : - )

kernel keylogger POC code:
[Register or log in to view the URL]

vxomgvx wrote:
bramz wrote:

Have fun.

best way smile

Good luck getting it stable though ;D The Chpie solution creates quite a few headaches in terms of kernel stability as does the IRP hook solution.

bramz wrote:

Have fun.

"Klog" is definitely what I would suggest looking at. GetAsyncKeyState is ridiculous due to resource consumption. If you want to make a good/serious keylogger, definitely start looking into drivers. Hooking is the best way to go about it. If you use GetAsyncKeyState then the computer owner will definitely realize their computer is going slower.

Dear friend Kelogging old now we want to see remote desktop
Direct Video transfer!

Viruses don't harm, ignorance does!
I am VxHeavenFan

+1

read here wasm.ru

+1

Personally, I'd stay out of kernel mode for a keylogger, unless you just really, really need it in the kernel.  Same with modifying the IDT.  Especially since that knocks out PG protected systems.

There's many nice examples for GetAsyncKeyState() style.  Check the metasploit source.  While I've never had a problem with this method slowing down the computer, I have had it miss keys (or improperly capitalize them) if the user is typing too fast, or if the user is on a slower machine.

The SetWindowsHooks method is my preferred way (albeit, most obvious and easiest caught).  But hey, who really uses AV that you can't easily disable for them?

Good workings, but please try to respect the date and not revive years old threads, the original author may not be on this forum and may not see it.